Friday, January 16, 2015

3: Complexity and Biscuits



"Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, 
and the labors of life reduce themselves." 
~ Edwin Way Teale


Ah, yes. Day 3 has rolled around. It's also a Friday and the weekend looms with all of it's money spending possibilities.

Movies? Dinner? Drinks with friends? Yarg!

Actually, this can all be done in the house so it need not be cut out from my social circle. Phew. Instead it'll just involve my cooking (you poor sods).

Speaking of which: I craved biscuits last night and utilized my handy dandy "I can do it!" attitude to glop something somewhat biscuit shaped and made-from-scratch-thank-you-very-much onto a pan.

Just so you know, I can do it so long as presentation is not an issue - more often than not the results of my baking look like the ravages of war. Luckily, however, appearances are not generally indicative of taste in this case.

Biscuits are a want! Making them from scratch is complex! (Some of you may be saying . . . are you? Or am I hearing voices? Hello? Anybody?)

Anyway, yes, it was a few more extra steps to make the biscuits and I did so crave them (with jam and oh-so-much butter. I do love butter), but it's a sight better than buying the iPad I've been yearning for. One click shopping, why do you taunt me so?

Biscuits it was. They're far more inexpensive and within my allowed purchasing diet. If this keeps up then maybe in 362 days I'll find my cooking greatly improved!

. . . or I'll have gone mad and you'll find me in a corner, eating raw potatoes and drooling over a sale catalog.

Pay Up Time!

What did I buy on day 3 of my 365 days of No Buy, No Way, No How?

I am proud to report that I have purchased only:

  • 8 oz Kerrygold Irish Butter (3x) 
  • 100% Organic Grass-fed Whole Milk

This comes to a whopping total of: 17.30 USD!


Just so you know, I'm listing the things I purchase in the shops only and totaling them up. I shall not be adding the mortgage, HOA (horrid things), or utilities yet as my current focus for this blog is stopping my shop spending first!

No comments:

Post a Comment