Saturday, January 17, 2015

4: Needs, D&D, and Coffee Cake


"If you have a garden and a library,
you have everything you need."
~ Cicero


Day 4 was packed with activities and none of them involved spending a dime. 

Not even a nickel. 

Not. A. Single. Cent. 

Hot diggity. 

Ah, Cicero. There's a man with a handle on some things. Especially regarding libraries. Kindle, anyone? Three shelves of physical books? Yup, I'm set. Not to mention I have the glorious public library right down the street for a quick car commute, reasonable cycle distance, and a bit longer (huff, puff, are we friggin' there yet?) walking distance.

Since I don't own any land I don't exactly have a garden outdoors. I do, however, have plenty of container plants. Some might say too many. 

Those people are crazy. Don't listen to them. 

But there are two other things I definitely need for happiness. My imagination and my friends. Both of which combine gloriously when we all come together for a fabulous tabletop game of Dungeons and Dragons. Or Vampire the Masquerade, Star Wars, Shadowrun . . . take your pick, really.

Hours of fun, camaraderie and utter silliness. Yes, please. All of it free. 

Ahem. 

Well, alright, yes. Perhaps it is free now that I have purchased all the (cough, expensive, cough, god I've spent so much on these) books over the many previous years. Sunk costs, dang it and worth it. 

Let us add to such a Saturday a delicious, glorious, ever so tasty coffee cake from scratch that not only was fabulous upon the tastebuds, but also tantalizing to the eye! 

Clearly this was not something that I baked. Alas. 

Day 4 concluded with a trip to the pet store with a friend who has just adopted his very first dog. He was in dire need for supplies before his four legged gal's arrival tomorrow afternoon. 

Now I'm back home, the sun has set and it's time to just crawl into my jammies and boot up the computer. This girl is settling down for a night of Skyrim in comfy pants. What more to life is there than that?

Pay Up Time!

What did I buy on day 4 of my 365 days of No Buy, No Way, No How?

I am proud to report that I have purchased only:

  • NOTHING!
  • That's right. 
  • Nothing.
  • Zero.
  • Zilch.
  • Nada.
  • Aha!
  • Neenar neenar!
For the sake of full disclosure, I report that on the night of day 3 I zipped out late to the store for: 

  • Red Mill Flour
  • Pasture Free Happy Chicky Eggs
This comes to a whopping total of: 12.22 USD!


If you had tasted that glorious blackberry coffee cake my husband baked, you too would have justified the second trip to the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment